This is just in from the Renaissance Society of America. –Anna
The Renaissance Society of America is pleased to announce that it will partner with the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) in 2016, to offer five tuition scholarships (each for one week) to current RSA members who wish to attend the institute.
Additionally, all current RSA members will have the opportunity to register for one of the institute’s courses (one week) at a discounted rate.
The DHSI (dhsi.org) will be held on 6–10 June and 13–17 June 2016 at the University of Victoria, Canada. Participants may choose to attend one or two weeks of the institute. Each week will include a training workshop as well as a selection of colloquia, unconferences, panels, and institute lectures.
Note: If you’re applying for a tuition scholarship, do not register for any course until after the RSA informs you of the result of the scholarship competition. This is because, in the event that you win a scholarship, DHSI cannot refund registrations.
Eligibility: Applicants must already be an RSA member in 2015, and if they win a scholarship, they must renew their membership in 2016.
Deadline: 30 November 2015
The committee will select two non-doctoral scholars, two junior scholars (including adjuncts and independent scholars), and one senior scholar (including adjuncts, independent scholars, and retired scholars).
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition only; transportation and lodging costs are the responsibility of the winner.
- Fill out a very brief form that asks for name, email address, mailing address, affiliation, academic status, and discipline.
- Submit documents by email (as attachments, to DHSIapp@rsa.org):
- Resume (no more than two pages)
- One-page letter indicating which DHSI course you propose to attend and how it meets your overarching research aims. Please also identify a second course choice, in the event that your first choice is unavailable.
Discounted registration rate for RSA members
Note: If you’re applying for an RSA tuition scholarship, do not register for any course until after the RSA informs you of the result of the scholarship competition. This is because, in the event that you win a scholarship, DHSI cannot refund registrations.
Before 1 April 2016, RSA members can register for either weeklong course at the discounted rate of $300 for students and $650 for nonstudents. To view a list of all forty-three courses, please go to dhsi.org. Because the most popular courses will fill before April, we recommend that you register in December or January, as soon as the results of the scholarship competition are known.
To register at the discounted rate, you must be a current RSA member (2015) and you must renew your membership for 2016.
- Follow the link from http://dhsi.org/registration.html to the registration system for the DHSI week you have selected. (Note: The schedule, at http://dhsi.org/schedule.php, lays out the general flow of the time, and the courses are listed at http://dhsi.org/courses.php.)
- Register by  entering your email address,  selecting a course, and (once a course is selected)  using the RSA’s discount code. The code is listed here, at http://dhsi.org/registration.html#SponsorRegistration.